BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

1.01.2011

2011-Blessings

It's been quite a while since I've posted...but since it's a new year, I thought I'd start anew here too.

Ahhh what a long breaaak I've had. One of the most memorable ones I've ever had. First stop was the outlet mall in Oregon, after that we headed to California to hop on a cruise to Mexico and back, then it was to Vegas, back to California, to six flags, and back home. Though on the way back home, we stopped by SanFran for some pictures. There, a car was broken into and most of the things expensive things were stolen (wow. really? how can thieves be SOOO incredibly efficient these days?!), but thankfully, no one was hurt.

You know what I call protection and graciousness? Think about what would happen if we had been robbed before the trip happened? We might have even headed home without the trip. Sad day. God really protected us through the trip. Even though the car was broken into, none of use were hurt. God is so good.

On the way home to Seattle, my brother felt pain in his chest and we rushed him to the hospital. Great right? Another pit stop. Although, this lasted a whole day. Night fell through, and we were still there in the morning.

News came in saying that his lungs had collapsed 30%, and he needed to get the air out of his chest in between the lining of the lung and the lung itself. The doctor suggested that we head through the mountains and let him get the procedure done back home. So that's what we did.

The next day, after a good nights rest at home, he was taken to the hospital for xrays. We thought he would be right out for dinner, but no. He stayed in. He had the procedure done, and was in pain even through the countdown of 2011. Although it was in the hospital room, it was an amazing experience to have the family together for the countdown. The next day, today, he got a CT scan and they said he needed surgery. Oh the chills that ran down MY spine when I heard that. But, he survived. With lots of friends around him to support him, and the family praying for him.

God has given my family so much. No, I haven't just realized that, but...I think it's more time to take advantage of what he's given us.

I think I'll end this here. For now. Happy New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment